Students…Why Should You Join AWC?
The intrinsic value of a degree in communication is increasing in all areas of the job market. Whether you work for a Fortune 500 company, a small business, a non-profit, a media outlet, the government or academia, all organizations need good communicators. A degree in communication is flexible and adaptable to many career paths because it teaches students essential skills to be successful. Students can learn skills in:
- Critical thinking
- Social media analytics
- Problem solving
- Emerging technology
- Interpersonal communication
- Strategic & creative writing
The adaptability of a communication degree allows professionals to transition between multiple industries during their careers, making their career paths diverse and more fulfilling. While studying communication in the classroom is imperative to your future success, pairing these studies with AWC will enhance your professional development and your marketability.
As an AWC student member, you would have access to unique member benefits that will help contribute to your student portfolio and assist you with professional development as you complete your major:
Joining AWC gives you access to:
- Digital certificate/icon for:
- LinkedIn profile
- Email signature
- Social media channels
- Online portfolio
- Personal website
- National publications on AWC’s blog Trending
- Professional monthly webinars
- National communication career focused job board
- Discounted entry to our nationally recognized Clarion Awards
- Discounted admission to local chapter events (if a local chapter is based near your university)
- National networking opportunities (AWC offers you connections to more than 1K professional chapter members across the country)
- Discounted rate to our bi-annual professional development conference
- Valuable connections with professionals doing the job you want to do for one-on-one access for mock interviews, resume reviews, job shadowing opportunities, mentorship, etc.
- Leadership experience (start your own chapter at your home university!) – build your resume as a student to ensure future job market success
An AWC student membership compliments your degree in communication by connecting you to a professional network at the national level. Join today at the NEW low annual rate of $20. Access all the benefits the communication discipline has to offer you!
*AWC offers students the same $20 annual rate for one year post-graduation.