Lisa Nalewak has over 20 years of experience as a Marketing Communications professional. She has held senior positions with start-ups and established companies in the publishing, consumer electronics and Internet services industries. Her expertise in creative, copywriting, branding, integrated marketing strategies and consumer behavior has enabled her to successfully deploy profitable MarComm initiatives for established companies and to position her start-up companies for successful acquisition. Lisa is the Vice President of Marketing for SavvyCard, a consumer engagement and digital marketing platform she co-founded in 2010.
You can read more about Lisa and her accomplishements as well as follow her on social media by visiting her SavvyCard at www.savvycard.com/lisa
Linda Strelluf has been engaged in the study and practice of oral, written, and visual media for more than thirty-two years. Following this passion, she received a BA in Speech from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and earned a master's degree in both Film and Literature from Baker University.
In 2018 Strelluf was awarded the rank of Professor Emerita at Avila University, where she taught a variety of media, communication, popular culture, and public relation’s classes. During her 18 years at Avila, her students won more than 150 local, regional, national, and international awards.
Before coming to Avila, Strelluf was a high school English, communication and theatre teacher, a company agent for Starlight Theatre, worked on promotions for a national theatre chain, lectured on how to overcome audience anxiety, and conducted seminars on how to access creativity. In 1986, Strelluf founded a small company and in 1998, affiliated with Country Sampler Group.
Strelluf was elected to the Board of Directors of the Association for Women in Communication. She served for three years, as the board liaison to 36 colleges, and the Chair of the Clarion Committee. Strelluf has been a Clarion judge for the past fifteen years. She has also served on the advisory board for St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf, as a judge for the Stevie Awards, and as an advisor to student members of the International Association of Business Communicators.
In all aspects of her life Strelluf continues to explore her fascination with all forms of creative expression and media with her latest project in 2019, White Dog Studio.
Judge Selection Criteria
Please review the following Judge Selection Criteria to make sure you are eligible for judging the Clarion Awards competition. Judges must:
- Download and submit an application - Application Deadline - April 1, 2020
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience or hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Have routine access to e-mail.
- Have routine access to high-speed internet.
Be able to access the following file formats: Images (jpeg, png, psd), Documents (pdf, doc, docx), Audio/Video (mpg, avi, mov, wav, mp3, wmv, mp4).
- Feel comfortable learning new technology.
- Agree to have her/his bio and photo posted on the AWC website acknowledging her/his role as a judge.
- Agree to provide written feedback via email (through AWC HQ) for any entrant who requests.
- Judges will receive registration information for the Clarion Awards Judges Site at the time their applications are accepted. This online registration must be completed by April 28, 2020. Assistance will be provided for any questions that may arise during the registration process. Once all judges are registered, they will be assigned specific categories. Entries in these categories will be made available to the judges online via the Clarion Awards Judges Site.
- Judges will be required to complete and submit their judging scores online by June 12, 2020.
- Judges may select one winning entry per category. If a judge determines that no award is merited for a category an explanation must be submitted to AWC headquarters by emailing email@example.com
If you meet all of the above criteria, please complete the Clarion Awards Judge Application to be considered for a judging position in the 2020 Clarion Awards Competition. Please complete the application and either email to the AWC National office or print and mail to The Association for Women in Communications,1717 E Republic Rd., Ste. A. Springfield, MO 65804.